The Best Place to Get a Used Car?
Looking for the best place to find a pre-owned car? Buying a pre-owned vehicle can be a great way to save you some extra cash. The process of buying a vehicle, however, can appear to be very stressful and daunting. Unless, of course, you know where to buy a used car. Our team of experts has reviewed the most usual places to buy a pre-owned automobile. Now you can be confident in identifying the top option for you.
Not so long ago, shopping for a pre-owned car was a relatively simple process. Go to the new & used auto dealer nearest to you, pick up your ‘new’ ride, determine the financing, take it home, wash, rinse, and repeat every couple years.
That was then… My how times have changed…
Used vehicle consumers in the twenty-first century have more options available than at anytime before. To help sort through all the choices, we would like to help. Let us get a closer look at all of the options that contemporary pre-owned car shoppers have to face.
At What Places Can I Purchase Pre-Owned Cars Near Me?
The quick response to this question is to check out the pre-owned inventory at a new auto dealer. However, when you think about the growing number of dealers, even that answer can hurt your brain. Then there are about the privately-owned used car lots dotting the automotive landscape to add into the equation.
Of course, for those who would rather not deal with car dealers at all, there is always purchasing a pre-owned vehicle from an independent or individual seller. Finally, there is the growing supply of web-based pre-owned vehicle shopping websites. These do a great job of making the whole thing look super convenient.
As you may already have guessed, with all of these used vehicle shopping choices comes the ultimate question: What is the best place to buy a pre-owned automobile near me?
The Benefits of Buying Used Cars From a Neighborhood Car Dealer
Shopping from a previously owned car from a dealership might seem like one of the most pricey choices on the list, but before you dismiss the idea at the start, you might want to take into consideration the benefits a car dealership offers to pre-owned automobile customers.
Below are just a few of the key advantages of acquiring a previously owned car, truck, or SUV from a franchised auto dealership:
- Franchised car dealers want repeat business. Knowingly selling overpriced ‘lemons’ creates the specific opposite of that. You’re not likely to find one of those here at the dealership.
- Name-brand car dealerships have to adhere to a rigorous set of company and legal|lawful limitations against fraudulent selling techniques. Cheating their purchasers does not just cost them repeat shoppers, it can cost them their entire company, or lead to steep fines.
- With extremely unusual exceptions, car dealerships almost always keep a team of extremely trained mechanical professionals on hand that evaluate and repair every pre-owned car, truck, or SUV in their supply before placing them up for sale.
- Car Dealerships additionally have finance specialists with access to a healthy and balanced network of financial institutions all focused on one objective – to help get you into the automobile you desire.
Another benefit franchised auto dealerships provide are special bargains on Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) cars and trucks:
- CPO vehicles are completely checked as well as repaired, as required. This significantly lowers the danger that you’re acquiring someone else’s mechanical nightmares.
- Practically every CPO vehicle will certainly have service guarantees and warranties that you simply cannot get from the remainder of the pre-owned car shopping alternatives.
- You will likewise be provided with a comprehensive car history report with all pre-owned cars, trucks, SUVs, and minivans, and also specifically with all Certified Pre-Owned cars.
While the cost on a dealerships’ used or Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) cars, trucks, and SUVs might be a little bit higher than, say, a private seller, each pre-owned vehicle customer must consider how much they are willing to spend on the peace of mind as well as auto finance assistance you can only find at a name-brand, franchised car dealership.
What to Consider When Shopping At a Used Car Lot Nearby
Let us to tackle some facts. The price tag on independently owned pre-owned car lots can be challenging to reject. And, if cost is your only factor to consider, then you will probably find a better financial bargain at a nearby used car lot than you may find at a new dealership. At least on the front end.
But, there can be some rather considerable threats associated with buying from a privately owned used car lot. For example:
- The danger of getting a ‘lemon’ is much higher. Used car lot ‘evaluations’ are not virtually as extensive as a dealership’s, typically speaking, nor are private used car lots as eager to spend cash on mechanical repair services on their inventory.
- The majority of independent, car lots aren’t as concerned about repeat business as most traditional dealerships. Aftermarket customer support is commonly less than high quality, particularly if you run into mechanical issues with your ‘brand-new’ car.
- A lot of used car lots either do not have on-site financing assistance or they have really minimal finance choices readily available. You can certainly pay for a pre-owned car, truck, or SUV by yourself via your individual bank or cooperative credit union. However, you may discover your bank of choice isn’t as eager to assist you to finance pre-owned or used automobile as they are a brand-new one.
- Private used car lots cannot offer manufacturer-backed Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) vehicle inspections, guarantees, or deals.
The Bottom Line:
Purchasing from used car lots boils down to trusting the seller to be straightforward and also back up their promises and guarantees they made when first attempting to offer you that ‘ideal’ automobile.
What Can Independent Sellers Offer to Pre-Owned Auto Shoppers?
Again, if the price is your primary factor to consider when purchasing a used vehicle, then independent vendor is more than likely the best alternative. When you think about the fact that most private sellers are more concerned with unloading their vehicles as opposed to making a living selling automobiles, you can certainly find some outstanding offers using this alternative.
Nonetheless, there are some points you’ll want to consider before buying from a private vendor:
- This choice is the ultimate ‘buyer beware’ situation given that independent sellers offer no guarantees regarding the car’s condition.
- If there are any kind of technical problems or issues with the car, truck, SUV, or minivan when you buy from a private seller, they will be yours to handle when you take possession of the vehicle.
- Many independent vendors offer no vehicle background reports. You can definitely investigate the car, truck, SUV, or minivan’s history yourself, but you’re definitely on your own with this process.
- Private sellers do not generally examine and/or fix their automobile before placing it on the market. Your personal mechanic can provide it with a once-over or checkup. But if you’re searching for a thorough, bumper-to-bumper examination, you’re shopping at the wrong place.
The Bottom Line:
This is a do-it-yourself procedure. Even when performing your own research, inspections, and finance. The risk of spending your hard-earned money on a money pit is extremely high when buying a used automobile from a private seller.
The Advantages and Disadvantages of Purchasing Online
Online auto purchasing is not new in 2019. A lot of dealerships have offered internet purchasing alternatives for more than a decade. But, what is new is the development of online used car web pages who specialize in offering used cars, trucks, SUVs, or minivans. These answers avoid the hassle of traveling to a dealer or independent owner to complete the sale. Here are the good, the bad, and the ugly truths concerning web-based pre-owned car buying:
- Many web-based used car, truck, SUV, or minivan shopping can be finished in less than an hour, including financing, without the customer ever needing to leave the comfort of their own house.
- Online sites deliver your new car, truck, SUV, or minivan right to your front door. This is the very meaning of ‘ease’.
- The majority of internet sites offer a quick time-period for you to try out the car or truck. If you are not satisfied, you can send it back for a complete refund, no charge to you and generally no questions asked.
- There is no other way to test drive or check your car prior to the purchase. While some websites do their best to provide pictures, and even brief video clips of the automobile you have an interest in, photos are unable to reveal every detail. Plus, a video can’t take the place of an actual mechanic inspection.
- Eager to take your new purchase out for a spin? You have actually got a bit of a wait ahead. Sometimes more than a few weeks out, depending on where the car, truck, or SUV is being delivered from.
- Speaking of shipping, you’ll certainly wish to observe the shipping charges on your invoice before finalizing.
The Worse Than Bad:
- As soon as it arrives, what happens if you’ve purchased a lemon? A lot of internet-based auto suppliers do not have aftermarket repair service solutions.
- Does the automobile you’re getting on the web comply with the automobile emissions regulations in the state you live in? This can be a costly oversight.
The allure of online convenience can commonly mask possibly costly troubles. Not to mention extreme irritation when trying to solve them through a solely online vehicle site.
Is the Car Dealership a Good Place for Used Car Finance?
Whether you’re acquiring a new, used or Certified Pre-Owned automobile, the majority of car dealers offer used car financing alternatives. Advantages to finance with the auto dealership are:
- Sign agreements at the car dealer rather than going back to the bank.
- Get the same, or in some cases even much better, financing prices than a bank.
- In some cases you can make use of some offers provided by the car’s maker on Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) cars or trucks. This is something you definitely can not get at a used car lot.
You Deserve Much More
As you can see, there is a lot more to consider when getting a secondhand car, truck, or SUV than just the time you save and the cash you spend. If you’re looking for more from your used car or truck buying experience, the dealer has the auto knowledge and tailored solution you need to make an informed pre-owned car purchase.
For additional information on looking for your next pre-owned automobile, call our used sales team or merely take a look at our pre-owned inventory.