2018 Acura TLX vs. 2017 Lexus IS
2018 Acura TLX
2017 Lexus IS
If you’re looking for a high-end performance sedan around Pear Land or Sugarland, there’s no doubt you’ve come across both the 2018 Acura TLX and the 2017 Lexus IS. Both are exquisite luxury models with powerful engines, modern interiors, and advanced technology. But after reading through this side-by-side comparison, it will be easy to spot which one is the top model.
Commanding Engine, Top-Notch Efficiency
Both the 2018 TLX and the 2017 Lexus IS have different engine options to choose from, so you can optimize your drive for power or efficiency. The Lexus IS does offer slightly more horsepower with its V6 and Turbo In-Line 4 engines, but it falls significantly behind the TLX when it comes to efficiency.
The 2018 Acura TLX has two engines and the option of all-wheel drive:
- 2.4L In-Line 4, 8-Speed DCT, P-AWS: With up to 206 hp and 182 lb-ft of torque, this 4-cylinder engine has an industry-first 8-speed dual-clutch transmission that will help you earn up to 23 mpg in the city and 33 on the highway.*
- 3.5L V6, 9-Speed AT, P-AWS: The V6 engine produces 290 hp and 267 lb-ft of torque while still earning up to an impressive 20 mpg in the city and 32 on the highway. The Lexus IS V6 engine only sees about 18 mpg in the city and 28 on the highway.*
- 3.5L V6, 9-Speed AT, SH-AWD: When pairing the V6 engine with Acura’s SH-AWD system, efficiency remains high: up to 21 mpg in the city and 30 on the highway.*
In stark contrast, the 2017 Lexus IS AWD model can only manage 19 mpg in the city and 26 on the highway.
Luxury Features Come Standard
One major difference between the 2018 Acura TLX and the 2017 Lexus IS is that many of the standard features on the TLX are costly options on the Lexus IS. For example, if you opt for the entry-level 2018 Acura TLX — which has a significantly lower starting price than the 2017 Lexus IS — you’ll find all of these features, but you won’t find them on the entry-level Lexus IS:
- Heated Front Seats
- Multi-View Rear Camera with Dynamic Guidelines
- Aha and Pandora compatibility
Take a Test Drive in the 2018 TLX at Sterling McCall Acura
It’s clear to see that the 2018 Acura TLX offers more features and better efficiency at a lower price than the 2017 Lexus IS. You won’t truly appreciate all of this until you’ve taken the TLX out for a spin, so make sure to come to Sterling McCall Acura, just off the Southwest Freeway in Houston, to do just that. While you’re visiting with us, you can also speak to our finance team about your options. We look forward to seeing you soon!
* Based on 2017 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary, depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions, battery pack age/condition (hybrid models only) and other factors.