Acura TLX Performance
The 2018 Acura TLX makes performance a priority, with finely tuned powertrains and drive systems able to deliver exhilarating acceleration, confident cruising, and penetratingly sharp driving dynamics. You’ll likely be beguiled by the elegance and luxury of the sumptuous interior, but the Acura TLX responds with unambiguous enthusiasm when you hit the gas.
True to form, the latest iteration of the Acura TLX showcases two high-end engines:
- 2.4L Inline-4: Uses Intelligent Variable Timing and lift Control (i-VTEC®) to boost your output to 206 hp and 186 lb-ft of torque. A sophisticated 8-speed DCT (Dual-Clutch Transmission) with torque converter and Sequential SportShift paddle shifters comes standard.
- 3.5L V6: The optional V6 ups the ante to a spirited 290 hp and 267 lbs-ft of torque, with 9-speed automatic transmission with Sequential SportShift paddle shifters coming standard. Variable Cylinder Management allows for exceptional highway efficiency.
Acura understands that raw power alone is insufficient, so an array of cutting-edge engineering features are used to further refine performance.
All new TLX models come with one of these two leading drive systems:
- Front-Wheel Drive with Precision All-Wheel Steer™ (P-AWS®): Standard on all models, (P-AWS®) is the first production all-wheel steer system that adjusts toe angles independently. It works with numerous drive systems to improve control, stability, and maneuverability.
- Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™ (SH-AWD®): Unites the additional safety of all-wheel drive with superior performance. As well as distributing traction for effective all-weather capability, power is also distributed for a sportier ride.
Even the roughest roads between Pearland and Sugarland are ironed out by 4-wheel independent MacPherson strut front and multi-link rear suspension system. To customize your drive, use the Integrated Dynamics System to cycle between the following modes:
- NORMAL: For a balance of comfort and handling.
- ECONOMY: Maximizes fuel efficiency.
- SPORT: Steering and throttle response are optimized around performance.
- SPORT+: Uses a more aggressive shifting algorithm to tap the vehicle’s full potential.
Test Drive the New TLX at Sterling McCall Acura
Everything else seems insignificant behind the wheel of a 2018 Acura TLX. To arrange a test drive, simply contact Sterling McCall Acura. We’re always happy to discuss financing or answer your enquiries.